Monday, June 04, 2007

More Hurwitz? Yes, Please!

Far from deserving the "Saddest" award, this season's rejected pilot from Mitchell Hurwitz could still be in this thing. The Hollywood Reporter says that there is still interest in The Thick of It from Showtime, HBO, and NBC. And while I do realize that fun and failure start the same way... hooray! Comedy seems to be a dying breed on TV, and NBC's policy of "no new comedies" indicates just how afraid the networks are to introduce new sitcoms. But I think the audience has just been spoiled by fast-paced, off-the-wall sitcoms like Arrested Development and Scrubs, and we don't want to go back. If The Thick of It is part of this new breed of comedies, I will gladly welcome it to my TV screen.

So in case executives from Showtime, HBO, or NBC happen to stumble across this blog, I'd just like to say: Come on!

0 comments: