Wednesday, June 27, 2007

On the Lot: Okay, that's it.

It is with great pleasure that I announce to you that I am no longer watching On the Lot, mostly because it is a giant turd of a show that I could barely sit through, even when fast-forwarding through every section involving Adrianna "nodding emphatically with each line is what I call good delivery!" Costa. Seriously, the show is a giant piece of crap. How do I hate thee, On the Lot? Let me count the ways (in no particular order).

  1. It's boring. For reals.
  2. The contestant films are largely stupid and unimaginative, and the ones that aren't total garbage aren't that much better than whatever I'd be watching other than On the Lot, anyway.
  3. I can't keep up with all the format changes.
  4. Adrianna Costa.
  5. Adrianna Costa.
  6. Adrianna Costa.
  7. Kenny's crappy movies. And Hilary's, and Jason's, and...
  8. America refuses to get rid of Kenny for making the aforementioned crappy movies.
  9. Gary Marshall is quite possibly going senile before our very eyes.
  10. All the (extremely necessary) fast-forwarding is wearing out my DVR.
  11. The guest judges are always better than the resident judges.
  12. House reruns would get better ratings...and yet I have to watch this crap instead.
  13. There is no mean British judge.
  14. Going over On the Lot in my mind in order to come up with this list is making my brain liquefy and run out of my ears.
  15. Aghlugmrshblachzzzzzzz........

So yeah, I'm putting my foot down before the next episode sends me into a coma. Goodbye, On the Lot. It's been truly horrible.

6 comments:

renee said...

I've gotta agree with you on most of that. Garry Marshall is just horrifying. He and Carrie give such banal, non-sensical feedback. I have enjoyed the specific feedback given by some of the guest directors, though. Adrianna Costa is a nightmare. Her comment about popcorn being too fattening yesterday - what a waste of network time that whole piece was. Most of the films are terrible and none of the comedies in the whole show have been that funny. I was ready to stop watching too, but I did enjoy Zach's piece last night. So I'm going to give it another try. I actually have liked the changes from show to show because for the most part, I think they've improved the show with each change. If they changed the format to get rid of 3 directors at a time, it'd be even better. Let's wrap this baby up - Zach's head and shoulders above everyone else.

Liz said...

Word. Zach is gonna win this one in a walk.

Vance said...

didn't we all say Zach was going to win this right from the start? (yey! go Canadian!). Still, I guess I shouldn't even bother catching up with all the eps I have recorded? When I do, I find myself FF through most of it anyways...

Liz said...

Delete them immediately and never look back, Vance. If you must, watch Zach's videos online.

Anonymous said...

In some ways, I'm sort of glad that the rest of America is discovering how horrible Adrianna is. She was stinking up Headline News for too long and she needed to be exposed. Although, her wardrobe seems to be doing a pretty good job of that.

Liz said...

I would've been happy to stay in the dark. Adrianna is a plague on television and should be off working boat shows or something.