Friday, December 14, 2007

On the Glowy Box: So much Christmas shopping to do!

Props to 30 Rock, Pushing Daisies, and all my other faves for their Golden Globe nominations! Alec Baldwin had better win this year...that's all I'm sayin'.

Last Night:
30 Rock: Elaine Stritch! Andy Richter! Ludachristmas!!! Two valuable lessons in one: The meaning of Christmas, AND something about family! So many exclamation points for this show! (Though, to be fair, it couldn't top last week's hysterical installment. But 30 Rock sets the bar so high for its best episodes that I can't really fault them for being unable to reach it every week.) Merry Christmas/Jewish, everyone!

Boston Legal: From Tuesday. It was so self-referencing that I could hardly handle the meta-ness of it all. But, it's good to know that at least Boston Legal knows how ridiculous it is. Ridiculously awesome, that is.

Private Practice: From last week. You know, the one where Dell and Sam are fighting over Naomi. Sigh. Why am I still watching this show? Seriously, why can't my brain accept that great actors does not equal great show? Help me!

This Weekend:
Umm...there are some hilarious old-school Christmas specials on ABC Family during the day on Sunday, but otherwise I'm probably just going to be running off the DVR.

2 comments:

Colleen O'Rourke said...

I dont know, i think the Post Party scene in jacks office with the flashbacks is probably the funniest thing i have ever seen on television. Even funnier than when jack did racial stereotype impressions. That was mostly funny cause it wasnt expected from jack/baldwin. THIS was funny because....oh my god.

Liz said...

Yeah, that party thing was hysterical. I think it's an example of the show's genius writing, while Jack's Good Times impersonations were more an example of Alec Baldwin's genius acting.