Friday, March 02, 2007

30 Rock: Give Kenneth His Own (Talk) Show

Thank the TV gods for 30 Rock. On a night otherwise filled with repeats or clip shows, it comes through with a new episode, with all the Wayne Brady (nice taste in sitcoms, Wayne - first How I Met Your Mother, now this), LL Cool J, Ghostface Killah, and Kenneth the Page you can handle, as well as an inspiring message of intolerance. And, as a bonus, no "wacky" Rachel Dratch character this week. Everyone wins! Except Jane Krakowski, who didn't get a whole lot to do this week - which, surprisingly, I found disappointing. I guess after "Muffin Tops" and her America-hating antics of last week, Jenna has really grown on me. I still only like Tracy when he's being non sequi-tastic, though, which is why I liked the scene between him and his "manatee," Kenneth.

And while I'd love for Kenneth to get his own show, I don't necessarily want to see him in another sitcom. I want to see him host a show. It doesn't really matter if it's a talk show, a gardening program, Top Design, or a newsmagazine. He'd be a lot more interesting than several other show hosts I could name, and he's got a unique perspective. Wouldn't you love to see Kenneth introducing a "To Catch a Predator"-type show? Wait, on second thought, scratch that - I don't want to expose him to that. He's far too innocent. Maybe just a talk show, in which he could chat with celebrities and show the viewers how to make their own wrapping paper.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Great episode.

Kenneth his own show? Hmm.

Colleen O'Rourke said...

last nights episode was like nothing ive ever seen on television. Ever. It was so awesome i didnt even try to describe it to anyone.

WHen ll cool J told his boy to, quote, "Go get my nose back." ?? Omigod....omigod.....