Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Wedding Bells: It's David E. Kelley-tastic!

Fox sneak previewed their newest David E. Kelley extravaganza last night: The Wedding Bells. It centers around the lives of three sisters who took over the family wedding chapel after their parents' ugly divorce. There's uptight blonde sister (played by Teri Polo, the supremely awesome Helen Santos on The West Wing), coldhearted brunette sister, and slutty younger sister. The extended cast includes David (a hot photographer/bride whisperer, and brunette sister's ex), Russell (blonde sister's nerdy/jealous husband and also the chapel's CFO), a sassy black woman, and a generically European chef. Plus a really, really weird Bridezilla, played by Missi Pyle, who it appears will soon own the chapel.

There. Now you're all caught up, and hopefully I'll never have to watch this wannabe loveably quirky piece of David E. Kelley drivel again. Did I mention that the sisters all share the last name "Bell"? As in, wedding bell? Yeah. Blegh. Oh, and according to David E. Kelley, the quintessential breakup anthem "I Will Survive" is a popular wedding song. O...kay...

6 comments:

Lori said...

I still think "I Will Survive" is a better wedding song than "I Touch Myself."
(looks pointedly in the direction of a reader who knows who she is)

Liz said...

Hey, at least "I Touch Myself" is about a relationship that's still existing, and not about an asshole ex...but yeah, both wildly inappropriate wedding songs, in my opinion.

Vance said...

Cute show though not exactly must see yet, but its the original JIMMY OLSEN as DAVID (before they replaced him with that dweeby guy with the floppy hair)!!! (From Adventures of Lois and Clark back in the early Teri Hatcher days!) I wondered what happened to him... For him alone, I think I'd watch!

Liz said...

Wow, no way! David's super-cute. I can see how he's not really Jimmy Olsen material, though.

Colleen O'Rourke said...

>.>

<.<

Fine, youre both not invited to my wedding then. Too bad, cause megan's gonna dj and there will be Ho Time.

In other news, i watched about 2 mintues of of the beginning when mom checked it out. I caught a lot of close-shots of vaugely attractive empty faces trying to "act" and some contrived plot gimmicks. Then i left.

Liz said...

Yeah, it's a resoundingly unimpressive and unoriginal show (unsurprisingly). Teri Polo's a good actress, but that's about it.