Wednesday, October 24, 2007

On the Glowy Box: Can we move some of these shows to Tuesday?

CONGRATULATIONS, Pushing Daisies!!! I love it when quirky, well-reviewed shows actually get network support. And I guess the surprisingly high ratings don't hurt, either--way to go, America! I'm almost on my way to forgiving you for Two and a Half Men's success. Almost.

Watched Last Night:
House: Cutthroat bitch may be getting a bit too cutthroat for me. But at least House agreed that the dog collar was a little much. I'll be sad to see the old non-doctor go, though in hindsight the reason was really predictable. And Foreman, wow. I actually wasn't missing his presence at all, so of the three former fellows, I'm not too thrilled to see him back. However, I do enjoy the combative dynamic between he and House, and the conflict between House and Cuddy should be entertaining. Also, the Patient of the Week was totally a guest star on Buffy. I knew I recognized her!

Chuck: From Monday. I'm still really liking this show, although this episode's plot didn't grab me quite as much as past episodes. The music alone is pretty much crazy fantastic, though. "Private Eyes" by Hall and Oates on the stakeout mix? I'm going to call that a Veronica Mars shoutout. I'm also increasingly able to tolerate Morgan, so that's a good thing. And wow, the guy who played the wheelchair-bound Chinatown mob boss is a total "Hey! It's that guy!" Also, Chuck needs to stop throwing around the words, "I promise," and start coming up with some better excuses. For reals.

Grey's Anatomy: From Thursday. Callie would DESTROY Izzie in a fight. So I'm kind of sorry that didn't happen. And I guess I see where Shonda's exit strategy is...seems like she's moving from Gizzie to, um, Izlex. Or something. So, will the new love triangle be Izzie/Alex/Jane Doe (/Eva/Rebecca)? And dude. I was getting unreasonably mad at Derek when he was being all chummy with Lexie when he knew it would get back to Meredith. I mean, maybe he was trying to be a nice guy, but it also seemed like a bit of a ploy to get Meredith jealous, or something. I dunno. I mean, that whole "...but if I find someone else while I'm waiting for you..." speech was pretty awful. It's not "waiting" if you're dating other people, Derek. Not that I even care if those two work it out. I'm so over it. Over it! And boy, that was some pretty egregious recasting for the Chief's niece. Wasn't the old niece Jackie from Veronica Mars, and the alcoholic chick from Hidden Palms? Just sayin'.

Will Watch or DVR Tonight:
(Descriptions from Zap2it.com's TV listings)

Pushing Daisies: Ned and his partners try to find out whether the pilot of a plane that crashed into an apartment building was committing suicide; Olive takes an injured messenger-pigeon to the aunts for assistance. ABC, 8 PM.

America's Next Top Model: Model Tyson Beckford gives the models a lesson on being a spokesperson; the women split into groups and create public service announcements for a charity; the challenge winner stars in a makeup photo shoot directed by singer Mary J. Blige. The CW, 8 PM.

Private Practice: Addison cannot stop thinking of Pete; Violet's ex visits the clinic and Cooper is not happy to see him; Naomi and Sam's daughter secretly seeks Addison's medical advice. ABC, 9 PM.

Planet in Peril: Polar bears; rising sea levels; water recession in Africa; poachers. CNN, 9 PM.

Dirty Sexy Money: Nick meets with Tripp's nemesis, billionaire Simon Elder; twins Juliet and Jeremy decide to throw separate birthday parties for themselves, budgeted at $1 million each; Brian Jr. feels the need to tell Brian's wife the truth about his paternity. ABC, 10 PM.

Life: Charlie and Danni try to determine whether a woman wearing angel wings jumped or was pushed out a window to her death. NBC, 10 PM.

Don't forget about Planet in Peril!

0 comments: