Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Standoff: I'm not mad, Ron Livingston. I'm just disappointed.

And so it begins: The month-and-a-half long wasteland between the end of the first half and beginning of the second half of the television season. Get ready for reruns and Christmas specials! Since Standoff was actually new, I decided to give it another shot.

Kym Whitley rocked the house as a recently-fired credit union employee forced into being a hostage negotiator when armed men take over another branch of her credit union. She was believable, sympathetic, and generally awesome.

Matt and Emily, on the other hand, were pretty darn annoying. They sniped at each other constantly, seemed fairly incompetent at their jobs, and made me want to knock their heads together on more than one occasion. Since, sadly, they are the stars of Standoff, and Kym Whitley is not, that's probably the last time I'll be watching Standoff.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good. So I haven't missed anything by dropping the show after the pilot.

Liz said...

Um...no. Not at all. If anything, it's gotten worse.

liylak said...

Awww, kinda unfair. I grant, the show is no V.Mars, but this was by far the weakest episode of the season. Some of themare significantly better, and I really really like Rosemary DeWitt.

Liz said...

Ah, guess I just caught a bad episode. The guest star was great, but Matt and Emily really irritated me. I'll try and give it another chance sometime then, if you think it's worth watching.

Anonymous said...

Standoff is one of, if not the only decent show on TV! I just don’t' see how people can't like it, it's got everything! Drama, comedy, romance, action and that's in every single episode!!
It really isn't your typical crime drama, it's so much deeper than that!

If you like good TV then tune into FOX this Friday night! You won't be disappointed!!

FOX has not officially cancelled STANDOFF yet!! Keep watching!!!

June 8th at 9pm!!!

Anonymous said...

Well put Eryn. Standoff is one of the best shows on tv. It deserves a chance since it has not been given one to this point. Ron and Rosemarie are awesome and have great chemitry.