Saturday, October 28, 2006

CSI: A Pat on the Back for Doc Robbins

I know that CSI was a rerun Thursday night, but I hadn't seen the episode before, and if you haven't seen it, it's new to you, right? So I want to give Doc Robbins mad props for baking a healthy vegan pie and sharing it with his co-workers. Way to spread the word that veganism can be healthy, Doc! Unfortunately, Catherine and Warrick get a wag of the finger for rudely expressing that the pie was gross. Boo, Catherine and Warrick! I mean, sure, when I make a vegan pie (in theory) it actually has sugar and stuff, which I believe the good doctor may have left out, but if a co-worker presents me with baked goods, I act appreciative!

So...um...way to go, CSI writers, for mentioning veganism in a semi-positive way. I feel like most of the time, it's in the context of crazy PETA activists, or something. It was a lovely break from the hot dog face-cramming that took up most of the rest of the episode. But I could have done without the "vegan baking is nasty" stereotype. Because it doesn't have to be!

0 comments: