Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Veronica Mars: Two Logans, both alike in dignity

As if it wasn't hard enough to keep track of the two rich, fratty boyfriends named Logan on the CW, now they're occupying my screen at the same time. Gilmore Girls Logan Matt Czuchry stays an hour late to play a reporter masquerading as VM Logan's half-brother. Awesomely, our Logan punches out the interloping Logan and Logan dominance is once again established. In much better guest star news, Laura San Giacomo starts a multi-episode stint as Harmony, a woman who hires Keith to trail her (non-)cheating husband. Elliot and Maya pick up like Just Shoot Me never left off, and it's great to watch. Nice call, Veronica Mars.

Veronica's case this week is a commission from the Pi Sig frat: help them prove that they weren't behind the rapes so they don't get kicked off campus. She gets them off the hook, and in the process incurs the wrath of the victims and protesters. So far, Hearst is looking a lot like Neptune High. Veronica has much of the same friends (although they're never around, Mac and Wallace), the same antagonistic relationship with the administrators, and the same outcast status. Of course I don't expect Veronica to be popular, but I do expect her to be branching out a little more. It's college! Get her an internship or something!

By the way, show, thanks for the cute scene of Keith and Veronica ragging on each other's dressy clothes. The father-daughter relationship is one of my favorite parts of the show, so I love scenes like that.

8 comments:

Liz said...

Yeah, what the hell, Mac and Wallace? And that great-aunt (or whatever) dying thing was such a lame excuse, I figured it was a cover for something, and Mac would show up later in the episode having been off doing something interesting.

And is anyone else afraid this will spawn Logan on Logan slash? (Shudder.)

Lori said...

EWWWWW!!! I'm afraid NOW!

Anonymous said...

I have a request. Its very strange, but I mean it with all seriousness. Can you PLEASE find a different stock-photo to use with your veronica mars entries? The one that you have DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! Shes sitting there all smug and i HAAAAAAAAAATE smug people and everytime i see it it makes me grind my teeth and want to punch my computer in the face.

Lori said...

Yes. For you, a different photo next week. And I promise, it will be as smug-free as I can get it.

Anonymous said...

Thaaaaaaaaank you. And i didnt even have to use the word hubris! ;D

Anonymous said...

No offense colleen, but didn't Veronica kinda build her reputation on smug?

Not that there aren't a zillion other hot shots of Veronica out there... just saying.

Lori - love what you do! I'm linking you, stat!

Liz said...

Ha, that's totally what I was thinking, Tiff! Veronica sans smug is just...well, Rory Gilmore, or something.

Lori said...

I hear you, Tiff - I went online just the other day to look up VM pictures, and she's got a smug expression in just about all of them.

Thanks for the kind words!