Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Studio 60: Snakes on a Set, Part II

I have to say, I don’t think it’s the hallmark of a great show that when I’m watching Studio 60, I’m constantly trying to decipher what negative message Aaron Sorkin is trying to convey about Hollywood. He uses Studio 60 as a mouthpiece so often that I now examine every plotline for Sorkin’s opinions – “Sorpinions,” if you will. So Sorkin, wherever you are, I’m not sure what your Sorpinion is on the whole black writer plot thing. We need more black writers in television? The current ones need to be more black? Some black guy pissed you off by not wanting to write for a black character a dozen years ago, and is finally getting his comeuppance in the form of an angry man dressed as a piece of fruit?

Whatever- I’m clearly ignoring the most important part of the episode: the motherfucking snakes on the motherfucking set. After sending a ferret down after the snake, and a coyote (!) after the ferret, Cal gives up and rips up the stage. Oh, and that rich Asian dude agrees to help Jack out, even though Jack totally let his daughter get falling-down drunk on his watch. The End!

What’s that? Some stuff with couples happened, too? Sigh…okay. Matt and Harriet fought long and painfully the entire episode, and I don’t want to talk about it because it was long and painful. Danny and Jordan spent some quality time together on the roof and ended up making out, and I don’t want to talk about it because I had an embarrassingly big smile on my face the whole time. Yeah. I’m a giant dork like that. I also kind of secretly want to see that new Hugh Grant/Drew Barrymore movie. And not entirely in an ironic way. Wanna fight about it? Someday maybe I can regain your respect. Until then, I hope we can enjoy making fun of Matt and Harriet’s ridiculousness together.

0 comments: