Tuesday, November 27, 2007

On the Glowy Box: Woo-Hoo!!!

NBC has picked up Chuck and Life, two of my favorite new shows (especially Chuck), for a full season! Of course, "full season" could mean a number of things, given the strike, but it's still nice to have the vote of confidence! And these were definitely the pick of the litter as far as NBC goes. Well-played, NBC!

Last Night:
Chuck: Well, Chuck more than earned its full season pickup with last night's fantastic installment. I'm semi-ashamed to admit that I totally geeked out on it (in the "yelling 'Hell yeah!' and 'No way!' at the TV" sense of the phrase, not in the "understanding Klingon" sense of the phrase). I mean, damn! Just goes to show that holiday-themed episodes are the greatest of all episodes. And I have to say, Casey is really growing on me. Not that I disliked him before--he just sort of faded into the background with Chuck and Sarah commanding the most attention. But how great was he at Thanksgiving dinner, with his suit and cosmo, refusing to say what he was most thankful for? There's a lot of potential with that character, I'm telling you.

How I Met Your Mother: Plus side: Fun new slang (here's hoping I never catch the blogging Yips), Heidi Klum (legen-wait for it-dary!), more validation for the fact that I don't belong to a gym, flashback to hippie Barney (and semi-hetero Barney's brother). Minus side: About a third as funny as the Slapsgiving episode. Ah, well. They can't all be genius.

Tonight:
House: House assigns the candidates to the particularly challenging case of an uncooperative, over-the-hill rock star with a history of drug abuse and civil disobedience; Cuddy orders House to hire the members of his team. Fox, 9 PM.

Reaper: The devil dispatches Sam to do plumbing work for Mimi (Melinda Clarke) who, he discovers, is the devil's girlfriend; Mimi's daughter attracts Sam. CW, 9 PM.

Here's hoping the negotiations continue to go smoothly today!

2 comments:

liylak said...

Casey is fantastic -- love the Baldwin who plays him (also played Jayne in Firefly). SO GOOD!

Liz said...

Ah, I never saw Firefly, though I did watch Serinity. Casey is growing on me each and every week. Totally awesome.