Friday, January 18, 2008

Can a theme song be TOO catchy?

Cartoon Network is premiering a new version of the George of the Jungle cartoon (that of the "watch out for that tree!" theme song) tonight at 7:30. Thus, of course, I've had that freaking song stuck in my head all afternoon. And I can't decide if it's awesomely catchy, or dangerously catchy. You know, to the point where it could take over the nation like an aural virus, sending us (further?) into a recession by destroying worker productivity as everyone just sits at their desks, humming. If that ends up being the case, I apologize for posting the following video:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem earlier this week! And, damn you, now it's stuck in my head again.

*goes away humming*

Liz said...

I'd say I'm sorry, but it's a well-known fact that the only cure for having a song stuck in your head is getting it stuck in someone else's head. Mission accomplished!

Anonymous said...

It's not nearly as catchy as Super Chicken or even Hong Kong Phooey.

Liz said...

While I will give Hong Kong Phooey props for being a superior song, I'm still gonna say George of the Jungle is catchier. I don't think I know the Super Chicken one...