Friday, January 11, 2008

On the Glowy Box: 30 Rock's Valuable Anti-Coffee PSA

I had saltines and apple cider for dinner last night. And not really by necessity, either. What does that say about me as a person? In less embarrassing news, three cheers for new episodes of Psych, starting tonight. (Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!) And another three for last night's fantastic 30 Rock, of course. (Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!)

Last Night:
30 Rock: Plus side: Last night's episode was all kinds of insanely funny. Minus side: Last night's episode was all kinds of insanely funny. I'm going to miss 30 Rock so much! I mean, did they HAVE to end it with an amazing montage of the characters singing "Midnight Train to Georgia"? Including C.C. via television? I experienced simultaneous elation at the extreme awesomeness of it all, and sorrow at the fact that we won't be seeing 30 Rock again for quite some time. And is it totally crazy to suggest based on that scene that 30 Rock would be able to pull off an incredible musical episode? I mean, Jane Krakowski alone has starred on Broadway! Just sayin'.

Also, Kenneth's coffee sideplot is exactly why I don't drink coffee, even though I could definitely use the extra energy. That would SO be me after a couple days, for reals. God, there's so much more to write about! The comic genius that is Edie Falco, Alec Baldwin, and their characters' shared view that sex is a competition; Grandpa Gilmore as the head of Liz's potential condo board; Liz drunkenly singing "You Oughtta Know" into a wine bottle to said condo board in the middle of the night; Interrogation Bear; "So many different types of sparrows"; "the devil's temperature"... And those are only a few of the best jokes! Daaaamn you, AMPTP!

Grey's Anatomy: Chandra Wilson finally got her episode to shine! Read my full review here.

This Weekend:
Psych: Shawn investigates a missing-person case that comes from Gus' wife. Tonight, 10 PM, USA.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Sarah takes her son, John, to a small town in Mexico, where he befriends the man who will become his protector. Sunday, 8 PM, Fox.

Masterpiece Theatre: Hosted by Gillian Anderson and featuring an all-new production of Persuasion, it will be the first installment of The Complete Jane Austen. Sunday, 9 PM, PBS.

The 65th Annual Golden Globe Awards Announcement: God, that just sounds sad, doesn't it? Still, it's on if you want to watch it. Sunday, 9 PM, NBC.

Yay, Psych!

7 comments:

Vance said...

OMG I forgot to mention the Alanis shoutout!

You don't drink coffee either? No wonder I love your blog! Now I see the TRUE evils of coffee and I do not plan to get on that midnight train to Georgia. But I will def. sing to it!

Liz said...

I have totally done that song at karaeoke. But I don't think I've ever sung it into a wine bottle...over the phone.

Yay, fellow non-coffee drinker! I'm, like, the only one in my office. Who knew that our subconsciouses were resisting the temptation of coffee because it's the devil's temperature? I suppose now we'll have to give up sunglasses and Jewish donuts, too...

Vance said...

I do enjoy my Coffee Crisps though. Oh crap. I just realised its from Nestlé (who I still think of as Phoebe's grandma's recipe). Evil Nestlé Tollhouse.

Damnit.I should have known. Evil Coffee. Evil Coffee Crisp.

Yeah, I live in the midst of Starbucks vs the CDN Tim Hortons coffee war. I'm all alone here.

(i do green tea damnit. I need the anti-oxidants to keep me looking as young as I possibly can).

Liz said...

Hahaha, Phoebe's grandma..."Nestlaaay Tulhaaause." Not gonna lie, I've never heard of Coffee Crisps. I'm gonna assume they're a Canadian thing.

I'm not a big caffeinated tea drinker, but anti-oxidants are certainly better than anything you're gonna get out of coffee!

Devid said...

30 Rock is one of the Best Series.I love to Watch 30 rock again and again and to watch the show i have downloaded it.Now i am watching the show.

Anonymous said...

30 Rock TV Show is one of the best show. I am a big fan of this show and always watch this show online. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

This is the best comedy show ever I have seen on television. I have seen Full Episodes of 30 Rock online and its just excellent show.