Monday, January 14, 2008

On the Glowy Box: Congratulations, Tina Fey!

I'm loving the second season of Dexter so far! And I've already got the second season of Weeds waiting for me at home (thanks, Netflix!), so I'd say I'm surviving the strike pretty well, considering.

Over the Weekend:
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: I was actually surprised by how much I liked the pilot episode. (And this is speaking as someone who's only seen one of the Terminator movies, years ago. Whichever one had Ah-nuld as the good guy.) I love Lena Headey as Sarah, and I'm really impressed with the "movie" feel that the episode had (though I wonder if they can keep up that level of special effects). Plus, David Nutter directed some of my favorite X-Files episodes, so the pilot's direction was in very good hands. I'm just gonna put this out there--Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles may end up being great in every way that Bionic Woman fell flat. At least, here's hoping.

Psych: I love it when episodes focus on Gus! Dulé Hill is SO underrated on this show. And, of course, this show is SO underrated in general. Let's just all take a moment to be grateful that Psych is back with new episodes.

Tonight:
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Sarah, John and Cameron infiltrate a resistance safe-house and discover they are not alone; Agent Ellison realizes that Sarah is still alive; a dangerous person from Sarah's past reawakens. 9 PM, Fox.

I'm really looking forward to the second half of The Sarah Connor Chronicles, after last night's surprising awesomeness. I also see a couple more episodes of Dexter's second season in my future...

0 comments: