Wednesday, January 09, 2008

On the Glowy Box: Help!

Okay, I just finished the first season of Dexter (which, holy crap...more later), and I can get caught up on the second season via On Demand, so I need to get something new from Netflix. Right now, season two of Weeds is at the top of my queue (I really liked the first season), but I just heard a few negative things about the show post-first season, so I put it to you: Is Weeds worth getting caught up on, or should I turn my attention elsewhere?

Aaanyway, I got totally sucked into Dexter last night, so aside from Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency (recap here), I have nothing new to report. So let's move on to...

Tonight:
Cashmere Mafia: Mia must fire her mentor; Zoe has a battle of wills with a sexy stay-at-home mom; Caitlin gets serious about her new girlfriend; Juliet and Davis try couples counseling. 10 PM, ABC.

Project Runway: The contestants design dresses for a group of teen girls going to the prom. 10 PM, Bravo.

What would we do without Project Runway?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could advise you on whether to get Weeds or not but I haven't even seen the first season yet. I am cable challenged. So I get what I can from folks who aren't so cable deprived.

Liz said...

Man, that's rough! Well, you should definitely check out Dexter when CBS starts airing the first season in February. Though I'm having a hard time imagining how they'll edit it...

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found you through TV Whore's blog.

I highly recommend Weeds! I love it. It's one of my favourite shows on right now. It's very funny, and the acting is great. It does get pretty wacky at times, but I seem to love wherever it takes us.

Liz said...

Thanks, Jody, and welcome! (I've definitely seen you around over at RTVW...)

I appreciate the rec--I just vaguely remembered hearing some negative things and got gunshy, even though I liked the first season a lot. I'll definitely Netflix the second season right away!

Anonymous said...

Weeds is definitely worth the time. Plus, it's so short and digestible you can watch an entire season in a night.

Mary Louise Parker is just amazing -- she's so crazy and funny, with an off-kilter sense of comic timing.

Liz said...

Thanks, Dan--so glad to hear it! I don't know where I heard someone trashing the latter seasons of Weeds, but I swear to god I'm not making it up...

I loooved MLP in Saved!, though she always bugged me on the West Wing.

TV Guy said...

Weeds! Yes! Must watch!

Well, you have my opinion. LOL!

Liz said...

Haha, thanks. Hopefully Netflix will be sending it to me in the next few days!