Friday, January 25, 2008

On the Glowy Box: So long, and thanks for all the Chuck!

Man, this week is kicking my ass. Sorry for the lack of posts--I'll do better next week, promise!

Last Night:
Chuck: Oh, Chuck. I will miss you so, SO much. And NBC, it's just cruel to tell us that new episodes of Chuck are "coming soon" unless you know something about the negotiations that we don't. For shame. So let's see... I loved the promos during the commercials, I loved that we really explored Casey's character, I loved the scene with Chuck and Sarah on the rooftop, I loved Zachary Levi's continued (failed) attempts to be a super-smooth spy, and I even loved Morgan as a psychotherapist. I love this show, basically. Anyone else want to chime in with things they loved? I could go on and on, but that would probably be boring.

This Weekend:
Psych: Shawn and Gus must find the killer on the set of a Spanish soap opera. Tonight, 10 PM, USA.

Breaking Bad: Walter and Jesse dispose of the mess in the RV; Skyler suspects Walter is involved with Jesse. Sunday, 9 PM, AMC

Masterpiece Theatre - Mansfield Park: After being sent to live at Mansfield Park, Fanny Price (Billie Piper) navigates a labyrinth of intrigues and affairs among its occupants. Sunday, 9 PM, PBS.

Not bad for a weekend during the strike!

0 comments: