Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'll drink to that...

I don't often get to write about it, since this is a TV blog and all, but I'm a huge musical theatre nerd. Huge. So you can imagine my excitement when I found out that PBS's Great Performances series will be airing John Doyle's recent production of Company, the groundbreaking Sondheim musical about love and relationships starring a completely brilliant Raúl Esparza. (Seriously, I saw this production in person, and his was the single most powerful performance I've ever seen on stage.)

It doesn't air until February 20, but here's a preview clip to get you excited! (The song is "Side by Side by Side," and this production features actors doubling as the orchestra, which is pretty cool.)


For the Facebook-inclined, you can find more info here.

0 comments: