Wednesday, January 16, 2008

On the Glowy Box: Clementines are delicious.

I love clementines. (Sorry for the lack of cleverness and/or relevant news, but I'm currently distracted by the tasty, tasty crate of clementines I splurged on at the grocery store last night. Mmmmm.) Let's move on...

Last Night:
Masterpiece Theatre - Persuasion: Finally got a chance to watch this, which aired Sunday night. Interesting adaptation. They definitely compressed the events of the book quite a bit to fit them into 90 minutes (more so than in the BBC version of the novel), but not to the point where it was jarring, or hard to follow. The end just seemed to happen rather quickly. Also, it was kind of awesome watching Giles from Buffy play Anne's asshole father. And you really can't go wrong with Gillian Anderson (and her very long, very red hair) kicking off the show. It should additionally be noted that Captain Wentworth was super-cute. I'd say it's a very good start to the new season, with the caveat that it may be rough for some Austen fans to watch 90-minute versions of somewhat more complex novels. You can probably still catch the rerun in most areas--check your PBS station's listings.

Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency: Vicariously enjoy the excessive homoeroticism by reading my full recap here.

Tonight:
Project Runway: The designers step outside themselves and design based on the model's hairstyle. 10 PM, Bravo.

Is anyone out there really enjoying Cashmere Mafia? I can't decide if I should even try and get caught up, or just delete the episodes I have saved on my DVR, since I haven't heard many good things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swing back and forth on Cashmere Mafia. I have been watching but not yet sold. The first show I didn't like at all. The second show was good. But last night, I wasn't all that crazy about it. I really don't like Miranda Otto as Juliet. For some reason the way she talks and her mannerism drive me nuts.

Liz said...

Yeah, I've been hearing really mixed stuff. Since I'll be recapping Lipstick Jungle anyway, I think I'll probably skip CM. Doesn't sound like a must-watch (or even 'should maybe watch') from your description.