Friday, January 18, 2008

On the Glowy Box: Three-day weekend!

My three-day weekend resolution: To clean my apartment and to finish the second season of Dexter and get going on the second season of Weeds. Glowy Box Quiz Time: Which one am I looking forward to the least? (Hint: It involves mopping.)

In the meantime, The Jay asks an interesting question: What would you give up to save your favorite (or not-so-favorite) shows? For example, he says, "To save Boston Legal, I would give up doing my impression of Ace Ventura doing his impression of Shatner from that episode of The Twilight Zone." Now that's sacrifice! Let's see... To save Project Runway, I would give up shopping at Goodwill for an entire fashion season. (I was going to say a year, but I'm not really sure I could uphold that bargain.)

Last Night:
Project Runway: Now that I'm caught up, I can tell you that Rami sucks. For reals. Read my full recap here.

This Weekend:
Psych: Shawn and Gus team up with Henry to investigate a man's disappearance from a local retirement community. Tonight, 10 PM, USA.

Masterpiece Theatre: This adaptation of Jane Austen's "Northanger Abbey" features Felicity Jones as Catherine Morland, a gothic-novel aficionado whose vivid imagination leads her into trouble during a stay with the wealthy Tilney family at their medieval country house. Sunday, 9 PM, PBS.

Breaking Bad: High-school chemistry teacher Walter White learns he is dying of lung cancer and takes steps to ensure his family's financial future. Sunday, 10 PM, AMC.

I'm pretty jazzed for Breaking Bad, since it's created by Vince Gilligan (of X-Files fame), and has a quality premise. Oh, and check out this viral site, where you can send personalized video messages to your friends (and enemies) by Bryan Cranston as his character, Walt. Yay, new scripted TV!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rock, Liz! Thanks for the link love.

- The Jay
www.TheJay.com

Liz said...

Ha, no problem...sorry it was belated. I really liked your post!