Monday, September 04, 2006

Liz: The Woman, the Myth, the Favorite Shows

So I thought I'd give a quick rundown on who I am and what I'm all about before I start ranting and raving all over the place:

  • I wasn't allowed to watch TV on weeknights until five years ago, when I went away to college. My parents claim no responsibility for my current TV addiction, but I see it as a direct result of their policy.
  • I was completely obsessed with The X-Files in middle and high school.
  • I love smart, well-written shows (The West Wing).
  • I also love hilariously terrible shows (Falcon Beach), mostly for their mockability, although I actually kind of cared who won on America's Next Top Model last cycle, which worried the ironic hipster in me.
  • I have an opinion about everything.

That's probably all you need to know (ok, ok, more than you needed to know) about me. If you were wondering, Lori and I have been watching and talking about TV together since freshman year of college. Hopefully, what I lack in her writing skills I make up for in unfounded and uninformed opinions!

0 comments: