Friday, November 03, 2006

Grey's Anatomy: I'm Pretty Sure the Plural CAN be Uteri

Okay, so the first couple episodes of Grey's Anatomy this season didn't really do it for me (too much wrap-up, not enough excitement), but things are definitely starting to pick up with the last three or so installments.

First, though, I'm going to express something minor that's been bothering me for the past couple weeks: I get Izzie not wanting to spend the millions without a plan, but even if she isn't sure what she wants to do with it, why in the hell wouldn't she deposit the check and invest the money so that she'll have MORE money to do something good with, or at least earn some freaking interest?! Okay, I'm done. That just needed to be said.

Favorite moment this week: When George was being Cristina for Meredith ("McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie?") and Meredith was being Izzie for George ("Seriously! Seriously.")

I also love what Shonda Rhimes is doing with Alex's character. Instead of remaining McSteamy's heir apparent, he finds himself gravitating toward Ob/Gyn, which was initially meant as a punishment for him. It makes perfect sense in the context of his character that he wouldn't want to be McSteamy's bitch, but watching him discover that he's actually good at AND interested in Ob/Gyn was really great to watch. Shonda, puppetmaster extraordinaire, did an amazing turnaround with Addison's character last season, and it looks like Alex will be becoming more relatable this time around. Awesome!

It's also fascinating to see Cristina, usually completely confident, in over her head trying to keep Burke's disability a secret. This week, keeping the secret came at the cost of hurting Bailey (lame!), so it'll be interesting to see how much further Cristina (and Burke) will be able to take it.

God, I sound like such an analytical dork. It's just that Shonda Rhimes is so incredible at taking characters and pushing them in unexpected directions (the unshakeable Bailey is now...shaken, for example), and I had to marvel at it a little. To end on a more superficial note, it looks like stairwells may be the new elevators for Meredith and McDreamy. Definitely more hot passing-by potential there, I suppose.

2 comments:

liylak said...

Thank god for this show. I am very excted about Alex.

And hmm... interesting idea about the stairwell -- I wonder what Shonda is thinking.

Lori said...

Yeah, I loved that George/Meredith scene. So awesome. :D