Monday, November 27, 2006

The Nine: Ouch, ABC. Ouch.

Well, nuts. ABC is pulling The Nine from its schedule starting this week. I saw it coming from the ratings, but it still smarts. I guess this is what I get for getting hooked on a serial drama with low ratings. I've learned my lesson, though. Never again. NEVER AGAIN!

And now I'm getting all bitter at America. What's so great about Howie Mandel and babes with briefcases that zillions of people will watch them, but only 8.6 million will watch a smart, introspective, well-acted show, with fleshed-out characters that actually grow and develop as the show goes on? Now I'll never know what happened in that bank! Oh, I'm sorry, of course I will, since ABC says The Nine will come back later this season. Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it. Prove me wrong, ABC!

2 comments:

Lori said...

NBC proved me wrong about Kidnapped; they are actually streaming episodes online. So don't give up all hope!

Liz said...

Yeah, I guess there's still some hope, since at least one ABC exec has said he really likes the show. Still, I'm not holding my breath.